Cybershooters Forum Index Cybershooters
The internet's leading source of information for shooters

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

French armed forces to replace FA MAS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sixshot6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: I actually did Reply with quote

get to read the leaked RCMP document, one the Canadians I was talking to shared a copy with me, it was interesting. Weirdest part was some sections were blanked out. On the bullpup front, they prohibited the G22, despite acknowledging it couldn't work taken out of its stock.

I think the police in this country, the RCMP and the ATF are examples of state bodies who have grown big for their boots, who should have been taken down a peg years ago. Hell the ATF only existed to keep former prohibition agents in a job, rather than you know, telling them to push off and find work like everyone else Mad

Ok, just thought I'd ask if you heard anything, I won't ask why you last spoke to him 10 years ago, my last dealing was slightly problematic, though one of the problematic dealings I had was a blessing in disguise (well it was a blessing in disguise for my dad, Jones had taken a broken Alfa revolver LBR back and when he got a Super Redhawk in, he took the money from the Alfa as a deposit and he got a Super Redhawk). Great Pistol that is. Say Steve, how long were the UK legal Super Redhawks imported into the uk for? HJ reckoned that only about 100-150 made in it. Also did you hear anything from your friend at Grandpower over what these new uk legal (fingers crossed) pistols were, were they what I said they were?
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did ask him, he said speak to Scott, which wasn't very helpful. He said he was only aware of the long-barrelled .22s but Scott might have developed something he didn't know about. He suggested their new airsoft which I pointed out was also prohibited in the UK. Rolling Eyes (Well unless you're a member of an airsoft club).

As I recall Ruger only made 100 each of the long barrel .44 and .357 Super Redhawks, but they also made some in .45LC but they weren't imported into the UK, no idea what that was all about. I heard they refused to make anymore so maybe Viking cancelled an order? No clue.

The RCMP report was released under an Access to Information request, they blank out any personal information.

Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.
Sixshot6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Well Reply with quote

When I asked Scott in March, which was when I called over something unrelated and I mentioned to him about the mars rifle, I asked if he thought of an LBP that would work that way, he said he was thinking of it. I might ask when I see him next, but if he asks for confidentiality, I will respect his wishes until such a time he is happy for me to mention it.

A hundred of each then. Well my dads is the 357 model. I didn't know about the 45 LC, I guess it makes sense as the frame is strong enough to handle 454 casull. So I guess you could handload them to that level (it would be easier than finding casull ammo in the uk). Wonder why they never came to the uk though those models. Have you ever seen one of these 45's in the flesh Steve?

Peter HJ did tell me a story about the Rugers. He said that Viking convinced them post pistol ban to make some and that the first 50 sold well, but they struggled with the last 100, that is where I got 150 from. But 200 (100 of each sounds closer). I always gathered it was Ruger that refused to make new ones. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was Viking that did it. I remember having an issue of gun mart some years ago, where they advertised some Blackhawk LBR's. Did any of those come here?

Also as you know they came in with 20 inch barrels, which is why you do see some like that. My dad's is a 12 inch or so with a balancing rod. He did tell me something interesting and no doubt you've heard this story. Him and someone else (I think it was the now retired guy who had stockade products). Went to Smith and Wesson's custom shop. They asked them to make some uk legal LBR's. They gave them the specs and after that, the head of the custom asks them how many they want. He expected an order of 10, Hathaway-Jones says 100. He is surprised. So the order goes down, things pass and Jones and the other guy ask where their revolvers are, they get fobbed off and one occasion they are told it is politics to do with a Police order (the implication being UK police leaning on them not to make or a bigger order from them would'nt happen). The whole thing dies down and PHJ and the Stockade guy come back. The custom shop guy tells them they can have them... but the min order is now 1000 when there previously was none. At this point PHJ and the other guy give up as the order would take 10 years to shift.

Have you ever seen anything else like that happen and I may remember some things wrong but that is how I remember it being told.
Sixshot6

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Just remembered Reply with quote

it was Armalon advertising the Blackhawk LBR's. My bad.
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard it directly but the rumour I heard was that the official S&W importer for the UK wouldn't order any LBRs as they are basically a police supply company now, since they got the distributorship when Parker-Hale went bust. S&W wouldn't have been able to fill the order.

I seem to recall I had an American e-mail me telling me he'd gotten his hands on a .45LC Ruger Redhawk with a 19-inch barrel so apparently they do exist.

Sixshot6

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: I have heard the Reply with quote

Police supply rumour, apparently the person who runs the operation was expecting the Army to take M&P 9mm's as side arms. Maybe if they werent in the way we'd have seen those LBR's by now. What a crap set of affairs. Interesting. Anyway my dad got it and he loves his 357. Would I be correct in saying that all three LBR's have a 454 Casull frame, making them capable of doing more than normally load wise? What is the highest load in terms of powder the 357 can do? My dad would never overload (he uses the Lee reloading book religously). But I'm curious, do you know?
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forgotten these things are Super Redhawks. Yeah it's a pretty strong frame, can't comment on loads though, maybe someone else on here has some experience they can share.

Sixshot6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Yep, they are Super Redhawks, strongest of the strong. I forgot to ask Scott about the pistols. to be fair he had some stuff on his mind, he's going out the country for a bit on Thursday and it was serious stuff he was telling us about. Like not just the fun stuff off what we've all bought off him, but stuff that was above us all. I can't say what it was but if I get a chance to ask him when I next see him when he puts the match parts in my MARS, I'll ask. I just felt I'd have been rude asking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cybershooters Forum Index -> Military All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: