Cybershooters Forum Index Cybershooters
The internet's leading source of information for shooters

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beretta trying to sell Finland on ARX-160

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Beretta trying to sell Finland on ARX-160 Reply with quote

Article.

Another test of translation software. Laughing

From what I've seen of it in videos it doesn't look that special, the selling point is that the charging handle and ejection port can be switched from side-to-side, plus the barrel can be removed quickly. Okay fair enough, not the first rifle to have features like that though.

Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.
Sixshot6

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The firearms blog covered the same ground. Can't find the link, but its there. One question Steve the being able to flip the ejection port for left-handed shooters. A) the Tavor does the B) The tavor has a proven track record C) The Tavor will actually use gen 3 p mags (some modification needed to mags to stop them wrecking the last round bolt hold open but still) D) all that and it can use 5.45x39 if needed with a conversion kit. I know Beretta owns Sako so its gonna be a rerun of the beretta M9 in the US early 80's again.

On a happier note I bought my dad for christmas the last enfield book about the making of the SA80, have you read it? Did I make the right choice (before you ask I did not pay the prices Amazon asks for, I used abebooks).
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt they'd pick the Tavor, how it works is that Israel steals Finnish designs, not the other way around. Laughing Where do you think the Galil came from? I seem to recall Valmet actually made some of the receivers for the first batch. Although in fairness, Finland stole (literally) the design of the Kalashnikov from Poland. Who got it from Russia.

I assume that book is based on the Handgunner articles, which are definitely worth reading.

Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.
Double10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handgunner. Superb magazine, quality. Those were the days.........
Sixshot6

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: I wasn't suggesting Reply with quote

The Tavor, just illustrating how crazy the situation is. I know of the Galil and the valmet (they Galil even has a built in beer bottle opener due to the Israel's picking up on Finnish soldiers using their guns to do just that). I think the main thrust is that there is not much originality in firearms design these days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cybershooters Forum Index -> Military All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: