Cybershooters Forum Index Cybershooters
The internet's leading source of information for shooters

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A unique rental range in Queensland.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: A unique rental range in Queensland. Reply with quote

Tethered guns.

They do this in South Korea as well. Note the Glock 17 has a 120mm barrel to comply with Queensland law.

And thus the world becomes a safer place... Rolling Eyes

Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.
Sixshot6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: And unicorns Reply with quote

have finally been spotted in Scotland making them now a country with a real animal for its crest Razz
Sixshot6

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Funny Reply with quote

how in South Korea, a country that had a military dictatorship until the 1980's is more trusting of its citizens with pistols that this one. I'm sure those range's also cater to some Japanese tourists maybe.
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in Cullen's report, he recommended that if handguns were banned, clubs should be able to have club guns for the use of their members and I never got much of an explanation from the Home Office as to why that wasn't allowed. South Korea essentially operates on that principle.

Cullen also recommended that people be able to keep handguns with an essential component kept at a club (typically the slide or the cylinder), which was shot down after Tom Warlow of the FSS produced a dodgy three-page memo in an attempt to support the tories incredibly flawed logic of introducing a ban with .22s kept at clubs. In that memo he basically said shotgun components aren't regulated (what has that got to do with anything) and people might be able to get replacement parts from deactivated handguns (which is obviously impossible as all the major component parts are knackered).

If anyone happens to have a copy of that memo lying around, could you scan it in and e-mail it to me because I lost mine.

Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.
Sixshot6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: If I ever find a copy Reply with quote

I'll let you know, damn the FSS really were a bunch weren't there. Thank god they're gone otherwise I might come across someone that has one at one of my clubs maybe? Forgot to also mention, I've gone back shooting the VZ with open sights, I don't know if its just my look but I had no luck with either the side mount or the rear dust cover mount. I get good results shooting Irons anyway (much more consistent than scoped at the distances I shoot, mainly 100 yards). And the scope wen't on the 22 cz I had.

I also had my visit and renewal, was amazed at home much S.Yorks firearms dept has been cut down. Its now combined with the warrants dept.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cybershooters Forum Index -> Target Shooting All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: