Cybershooters Forum Index Cybershooters
The internet's leading source of information for shooters

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Government consultation on de-acts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cybershooters Forum Index -> Gun and Ammunition Collecting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Government consultation on de-acts Reply with quote

I should have posted this here first, I suppose - so -

The Home Office has published a consultation document about de-acts - you might want to look at

http://psa.bizhosting.com/whats_new.html

and respond.
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Jackie Smith's gone, I wonder if this consultation will go the way of the last one on firearms law - into the long grass - as the new Home Secretary will have different priorities?

The consultation closed on 25th May, so I suppose it's too early to expect a full response yet but perhaps this will be another "initiative" which will be allowed to die quietly? After all, there was little or no evidence of a problem - and this was admitted in the preface.
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I posed that question in the political forum the other day, I think it's dead personally. Frankly I thought it was utterly pointless anyway because there is no germane legislation likely to go through Parliament before the General Election and the reforms they're proposing are too trivial to be bothering with a standalone Bill.

But now she's left and the Govt. is in total meltdown I just can't see it happening. Look what happened to the firearms consultation when Blunkett left.

I have to say whenever the subject comes up it just sounds so utterly absurd - the Govt. is thinking of banning the manufacture, import and sale of something that hasn't been legal to import or manufacture since 1995.

By definition the arguments put forward by the police since then have been proven to be false.

Just be glad most of what's in that paper would require primary legislation.

Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.
dpyper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the HO select comittee has started on deacs again Keith Vaz wanting to carry on Jacqui smiths great works!

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201011/cmselect/cmhaff/447/44702.htm
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the HO, the HAC is a parliamentary committee and I doubt anything requiring primary legislation will come about as a result of their report either, although I might be wrong.

Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.
dpyper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the recomendations are accepted deacs will be butchered and this bit must be stopped dead and I would hope the pressure put on to get rid of 1995 deac specifications.
Hopefully any changes will simplify this whole area of Law the ideal would be 1 a4 sheet in plain english so that the police and shooters actually know what the law is and it has no room for Chief Constables to devlop their own approaches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cybershooters Forum Index -> Gun and Ammunition Collecting All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: