Joined: 17 Jun 2006
|Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:31 am Post subject: Board Rules (read this first)
|The following rules will be strictly enforced. Violation will lead to expulsion or where necessary reporting to the relevant legal authorities.
1) Board users shall not engage in any discussion or promotion of illegal activities.
2) Board users shall not incite the use of violence against any branch of Government or any political subdivision of it, or any police agency.
3) Board users shall not insult people or use insulting or degrading language, or engage in any form of libellous activity.
4) Board users shall not make racist remarks or use symbols/pictograms that are commonly accepted as related to racist groups, Nazism, etc.
5) Board users shall not engage in disruptive behaviour, trolling, flame wars, and similar activity.
6) Board users shall not post any pornographic material or links to any pornographic material.
7) Board users shall not engage in rumour mongering, or post any false or misleading material.
8 ) Threads and information posted shall relate to the subject matter of the board; i.e. topics that directly relate to firearms and shooting in the British Isles and Commonwealth countries. Obviously information from other countries can be relevant as it may impact upon the British Isles and Commonwealth countries (e.g. the invention of some new military gizmo or the passage of some major gun law in another country we might visit, or UN issues); however this is not a board for discussing the minutia of US politics, or the discussing of bizarre conspiracy theories and the like - there are plenty of other boards on the web more suitable for those topics.
9) Advertising of items or services for sale, trade, etc., whether on a private or commercial basis is permitted only in the equipment exchange forums. Board users can however recommend products or services that they are familiar with, provided they do not profit from making such recommendations or are acting as an agent. Read the separate equipment exchange forum rules elsewhere in this forum before posting anything!
10) Board users shall not "spam" the board, or post excessively long (in excess of 15 Kb of text) messages. If 15 Kb isn't enough, put it on a website somewhere and link to it.
11) Board users shall ensure that they post their messages in the relevant forum, and they must be written in English.
12) Board users shall not copy, plagiarise, or re-post information posted by any other board user without the express consent of the board user who originally posted it, unless it is being re-posted or quoted on this board. By using this board, you acknowledge that you give permission to Cybershooters and other board users to read, reply to and quote on the board any information you have posted.
13) Board users shall not in any other way not described above disrupt the operation of the board or bring the board or its membership into disrepute - after all, you're not paying for the use of this board, so we reserve the right to expel members for any other reason we see fit.
Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.