Cybershooters Forum Index Cybershooters
The internet's leading source of information for shooters

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

House of Lords' rifle range closes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:04 am    Post subject: House of Lords' rifle range closes Reply with quote

Article.

Quote:
The club, which opened in 1916, was deemed dated in recent years, with Nick Clegg claiming that its existence was indicative of a parliament that “does not have modern Britain represented in it.”

Well Nick, back in 1916, the Liberals were the party in power, so one could argue that the continued existence of the Liberals in Government is indicative of a parliament that does not have modern Britain represented in it. But don't worry... not for long.

Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.
Sixshot6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: You know Reply with quote

Its almost worth the chaos and screwing over to watch the Lib dems taste their own medicine. I almost feel sorry for Danny Alexander begging voters to tactically vote to keep him in, but then I realized who he is. Speaking of ghosts of Lib dem Scotland what do you reckon of Charles Kennedy? Fallen off the wagon again or brain damaged from Alcohol? I find it weird so many rural seats wen't to the Lib dems and SNP. Is hatred of the conservatives there so much, they'd risk their livelihoods? I guess the gods make those mad, they would destroy don't they?
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Liberals have always been strong in rural areas, it's historic. Basically Labour was started by the trade unions and factory workers, and there aren't many of those in rural areas. So the main parties in rural areas tend to be the tories and the Liberals.

Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.
Sixshot6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Well there was period of rural labour seats Reply with quote

I think when the NFU or one of those agricultural unions started out. Still doesn't explain the complete death of the conservatives in those areas. I've had this conversation with a few people. But I think for the life of me, the conservative party needs to die to let something that doesn't have the baggage emerge. Something that has a few less chancers and more grounded in reality. We've had basically been and probably did give money to ISIS thanks to some of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cybershooters Forum Index -> Target Shooting All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: