Cybershooters Forum Index Cybershooters
The internet's leading source of information for shooters

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Journalists in the Philippines arm themselves

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Journalists in the Philippines arm themselves Reply with quote

Article.

Not sure some crappy Chinese Tokarev is the best choice but better than nothing I suppose.

Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.
Rob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seemed to have .45s as far as I could see. How legal is it for journalists to tool up and carry over there?
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one guy who was actually carrying seemed to have a 9mm Norinco Tokarev.

Quote:
SEC. 7. Carrying of Firearms Outside of Residence or Place of Business. A permit to carry firearms outside of residence shall be issued by the Chief of the PNP or his/her duly authorized representative to any qualified person whose life is under actual threat or his/her life is in imminent danger due to the nature of his/her profession, occupation or business .

It shall be the burden of the applicant to prove that his/her life is under actual threat by submitting a threat assessment certificate from the PNP.

For purposes of this Act, the following professionals are considered to be in imminent danger due to the nature of their profession, occupation or business:

(a) Members of the Philippine Bar;

(b) Certified Public Accountants;

(c) Accredited Media Practitioners;

(d) Cashiers, Bank Tellers;

(e) Priests, Ministers, Rabbi,Imams;

(f) Physicians and Nurses;

(g) Engineers; and

(h) Businessmen, who by the nature of their business or undertaking, are exposed to high risk of being targets of criminal elements.

Accountants?

Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.
Rob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That actually seems like a rather civilized law. I have done two of those jobs listed in my time, so perhaps in the Philippines I would have a good case for having a carry piece. Anyway, I applaud the journalists for taking action to protect themselves, and I am happy for them that they live in a country where it is legally possible. The attitude of the British government is that armed defence is only available to senior government figures given armed protection, the rest of us are expected to know our place and die like good serfs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cybershooters Forum Index -> Crime All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: