Cybershooters Forum Index Cybershooters
The internet's leading source of information for shooters

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inspector Gadget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cybershooters Forum Index -> Field Sports and Pest Control
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Inspector Gadget Reply with quote

From his blog at http://inspectorgadget.wordpress.com/

Simple Minds
August 2nd, 2007

The new centralised Force Control Room has to be one of the biggest, and probably most expensive arse covering exercises ever known to man.

Emasculated by crippling political correctness, stripped of power by numerous oversight committees, fearful of dismissal and loss of pension and slaves to various Government inspired targets, the so called decision makers are basically just a bunch of scardey cats.

Iím not talking about the excellent staff (usually female) who take all the abuse and stress for so little pay. They are marvelous. If the current Mrs Gadget ever booted me out, I could quickly become fond of some of them. But thatís a different story.

If I could say one thing to my fellow Inspectors in the Control Room it would be this;

ďWe police in Ruralshire. It is a rural area. People go shooting in the countyside at night. Itís not an Al Queada terrorist cell. Itís the local farm lads out looking for game. Please donít waste the time of our heavily armed firearms officers by sending them to my Division just because some city-dweller who has just moved to their third home in the country, hears a few shots in the forestĒ.

I admit that Ruralshire has been bombed in the past. The German Luftwaffe used to drop any surplus explosive on this County, on the way back from bombing the docks near Metrocity. Even Hitler only bombed us by default.

And yardie gangs from Metrocity are not about to choose the woods near Yew Tree Farm to start a turf war over drugs and bitches or whatever it is they fight over.

My final message on this subject? ďItís OK to shoot woodpigeon with air pellets (unless you are a woodpigeon) in the countryside. Everyone has to eat. Grow up, look around you and stop declaring World War III just to cover your arse everytime some idiot picks up the phoneĒ.

Rant over.
Oddbod

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly it is becoming commonplace for the Police to respond in such a manner.
I suppose that's what happens when senior officers from urban areas transfer out into the sticks for a quiet life....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cybershooters Forum Index -> Field Sports and Pest Control All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: