Cybershooters Forum Index Cybershooters
The internet's leading source of information for shooters

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shooters' Survey by NRA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Hamilton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Shooters' Survey by NRA Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

Below is a copy email that I just received from NRA. I don't know if it is worth completing the survey, but I did it in the pious hope that it might give them the message on which to base future progress, if any!

The link to the survey is at the bottom.

Regards,

Alex

Shooters Survey
As part of the work being carried out to look at an integrated shooting body
for all shooting sports, the organisation has commissioned a survey for all
shooters across the NRA, NSRA and CPSA to help determine the path we take.
It is important that as many of our members and members of our affiliated
clubs as possible take part in this survey. The results of the survey will
help determine the planning for the future of British shooting sports. The
survey can be accessed from the link on the NRA Website Home Page or using
the link below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=PLoW7tBmKTDFVrDSIEtwtg_3d_3d
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 years too late, but better late than never I suppose.

Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.
NeilMac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cybershooters wrote:
20 years too late, but better late than never I suppose.

fifty years too late - get it right.
Richard Loweth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet again an fixation with London 2012. It's like watching the stewards re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic! Where is the relevance to the threat that shooting faces today in the next four years? Just this almost onanistic obsession for the Sebastian Coe's Olympic Games?

I suggested that the NRA mandate that all fullbore rifle competitions from 2010 should require to be shot "from the magazine" with repeating rifles with a magazine holding at least five rounds. A return to the ideals of shooting actually relevant to the terms of the NRA Charter.

My best idea for the well being of our sport? That the NRA dissolve itself and donate its assets to the BASC. A body that has time and again shown itself to be pro-active for the general benefit of all shooting.

My fear? That a "big body" of the NRA "plus" will just result in the usurpation of the monies of the other organs for the benefit merely of "the Bisley Rifle Club" and its members.
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's no chance of that, the CPSA has a far greater membership than the NSRA and NRA put together.

franchi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most surveys like this work on a "points" system. you get 10 points if you chose option 1, 9 points for option 2 etc. so the survey results are usually loaded from the start

most of the questions were well loaded towards the olympics, and towards gaining recognition from the public, so expect these being the big winners

only one question was aimed at whether the shooter thinks the nra is "fit for purpose" so will score low in the final results. expect an announcement similar to "the resounding majority of replies were in favour of the nra"

aint statistics good?

everyone should fill out the survey, whether a direct member of the nra, nsra or cpsa. if your in a target shooting club, chances are your affiliated to nra, so your a member!
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: May be too late, but it doesn't mean we can't try. Reply with quote

I'm glad Cybershooters is on top of this one - have we all completed the survey?

If you're a member of the CPSA, NSRA NRA or are in one of their affilliated clubs - this is your chance to have your voice heard.

(Interestingly, the MLAGB are not included in the proposed merger of purely target shooting organisations....)

This IS a brave step for the NRA and even if the survey is odd and difficult to understand in places, we can at least give our opinions in the text areas - and personally I think we should do so.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=PLoW7tBmKTDFVrDSIEtwtg_3d_3d

Or if that link doesn't work for any reason, you can go through the NRA website at
http://www.nra.org.uk/
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

franchi wrote:
most surveys like this work on a "points" system. you get 10 points if you chose option 1, 9 points for option 2 etc. so the survey results are usually loaded from the start

I think it's just a case of being an amateur survey, there are no Likert scales to speak of and many of the questions are quite messy.

Oddbod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not currently a member of any of the aforementioned organisations(except by affiliation) & completed the survey in order to give them some idea of why not
NeilMac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Loweth wrote:
Yet again an fixation with London 2012. It's like watching the stewards re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic! Where is the relevance to the threat that shooting faces today in the next four years? Just this almost onanistic obsession for the Sebastian Coe's Olympic Games?

I suggested that the NRA mandate that all fullbore rifle competitions from 2010 should require to be shot "from the magazine" with repeating rifles with a magazine holding at least five rounds. A return to the ideals of shooting actually relevant to the terms of the NRA Charter.

My best idea for the well being of our sport? That the NRA dissolve itself and donate its assets to the BASC. A body that has time and again shown itself to be pro-active for the general benefit of all shooting.

My fear? That a "big body" of the NRA "plus" will just result in the usurpation of the monies of the other organs for the benefit merely of "the Bisley Rifle Club" and its members.

Bang on!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cybershooters Forum Index -> Target Shooting All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: