Cybershooters Forum Index Cybershooters
The internet's leading source of information for shooters

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insurance Deactivated Guns?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cybershooters Forum Index -> Gun and Ammunition Collecting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fullmetaljacket

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Insurance Deactivated Guns????? Reply with quote

Hey All,

Is it possible to obtain insurance for deactivated guns? This would be for theft from a home? - I have taken out contents insurance but to my horror in the small print, it informed me that it did NOT cover firearms.... even though these are not firearms in the strictest sense?

Do you know any firms, which provide this cover? Do you think my contents insurance would cover these items?...

All the best and thanks for your help in advance,

FMJ.
Carrot Cruncher

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Insurance Deactivated Guns????? Reply with quote

fullmetaljacket wrote:
Hey All,

Is it possible to obtain insurance for deactivated guns? This would be for theft from a home? - I have taken out contents insurance but to my horror in the small print, it informed me that it did NOT cover firearms.... even though these are not firearms in the strictest sense?

Do you know any firms, which provide this cover? Do you think my contents insurance would cover these items?...

FMJ.

Ask your insurance company.
cybershooters
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you do need to get them covered individually. Far and away the best I have come across is Zurich as they actually know what a firearm is. Probably not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

Never ceases to amaze me how few people get proper insurance cover for their guns. Or have the absolute minimum security necessary to comply with the law. Stuff the police, the person who doesn't want my guns stolen the most is me!

Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.
fullmetaljacket

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just what I was looking for! Thanks Steve for the advice, I will contact them today. Its just my collection is getting to the point where it will seriously hurt me cash wise if its pinched!

All the best,

FMJ.
JonathanL
Certified Gun Nut

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Insurance Deactivated Guns????? Reply with quote

fullmetaljacket wrote:
Hey All,

FMJ.

There was a company a few years back that was giving a discount for FAC and SGC holders as they reckoned they were a better risk due to having better security and were generally more responsible.

J.
fullmetaljacket

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks J - I intend to do a little research and then get myself covered. I'm going to get a gun safe shortly as well.

Thanks for your input.

FMJ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cybershooters Forum Index -> Gun and Ammunition Collecting All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: